Thursday, February 4, 2010

Copying Derrick Hodgson, Not!


Alright so I got a small exercise to research Derrick Hodgson for my Sketching For Communications class. We had to search and look for his drawing styles/techniques and draw 2 pictures with similar aspects (Not copying his work). I did find one of his Blogs - http://www.madreal.com/ - and all of his drawings have the same similar characters. I decided to draw a bunch of random looking characters to show a similar style to what Hodgson draws.

My first picture doesn't look that good with the colouring. I was wanting to shade but it ended up turning into basic colouring. Plus my scanner doesn't pick up light colours to well. Anyways, basic character drawings that I was working on.

My second picture looks a lot better with no colour. I actually drew this in 20 minutes minus distractions. Nothing to hard but still following Hodgsons style. Small characters with no detail. I added them into space to make it look some what interesting. If anyone has anything to suggest for touch ups or edits, please let me know.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment